Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: work experience on set

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sian105's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2000
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey, just wondering if any of you did or are doing work experience as a student on a film set and so on... I am thinking of approaching people like warner bros and other pinewood based companies (I don't live far) but I imagine that its about as likely as something very unlikely indeed. Where did you get your conacts from? How did you organise it? I need this realworld experience not only for myself but for my UCAS form.....I have one possible opportunity with a director I met through a local TV company who has a 3 film deal. He lives right near me so hopefully that will work out but I need alternatives... if not on set then can any of you reccomen any other work experience you found of use with your film making?

    come to think about it, are any of you working on films in the Reading/berkshire.London area that I could help out on?

    I would appreciatre some feedback biggrin

    thanks
    Sian

    [This message has been edited by Sian105 (edited June 25, 2000).]

    [This message has been edited by Sian105 (edited June 25, 2000).]

  2. #2
    Mark Jury
    Guest Mark Jury's Avatar

    Post

    What I do when looking for work on a film is just drive into Pinewood or Shepperton Studios (act like you work there all the time) and hang around the set until you meet the right person.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    I'd agree with that. I was invited to visit the set of Wind in the Willows ages ago, and was quite amazed at how easy it was to get passed security. Knowing what production is shooting on what stage can help though.

    Another way to build experience is to crew workshop type productions. Sometimes poorly organised, they are usually good fun and I expect you would learn something, even if it's how not to make a film!!

    Members of the Panico workshop in London are always looking for crew.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mbolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 7th, 2000
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    If you're going for contacts try the Knowledge (huge thick media contacts book), I think theres a copy in Reading library, photocopy loads of adresses and send your CV off to them asking for work experience, its a long shot or log onto Mandys directory (Mandy.com) that has pages of people looking for crews for lo budget films/documentaries 'n stuff. hope this is help to ya.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •